Software developer and consultant
Freelancer providing services from design and development to release and maintenance. Have a project to talk about? Contact me today!
I offer software development services for businesses of all sizes, from small startups to multinational corporations. With my personal and innovative approach I deliver results where it matters, software that works and works well.
I offer a wide range of services, from design and development to bug fixing and maintenance. Struggling with your move to agile? I can help with that too. I can provide coaching and mentoring to teams or individual developers to help you get the best out of them and drive your development projects to success.
Planning and prototyping
- Requirements Gathering
- Specification Writing
- UX design
- Project Planning
- Rapid Prototyping
Full stack developer
- Web, Server and Desktop
- C/C++, C#, Java
Coaching and mentoring
- Agile Training
- Scrum Master
- Product Owner
- Professional Development
I've been working in software development for over 20 years, and in that time I've had the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
- Web Services and Applications
- I have developed a several web applications using React/Typescript. I've also implemented NodeJS based web services that were used by those applications and third parties. As well as using Typescript, we implemented parts of the services using C++ that we interfaced with using NAPI to call it from NodeJS.
- Moving Desktop Applications to the Web
- As a proof of concept I used Emscripten to cross compile a client's codebase to WebAssembly. I then led a team that implemented a React/Typescript front-end for this code to provide a browser based component that could be used by the client in their web applications.
- The Domain Registration System
- I worked on a system that was used to register domain names by registrars. As part of this project my role was to take specifications for the business logic required to validate registration data and extend the registration web service to implement the logic and ensure that registrars provided quality data. This project was primarily written in C++ and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Porting Carbon to Coacoa
- A client with an application written in C++ and Carbon on macOS needed that application ported to Cocoa with 64 bit support. This project involved reimplementing legacy C++ code in Objective-C and porting to the more modern macOS frameworks, while maintaining the cross platform Windows code.
- Volume Rendering with OpenGL
- Developed a multi resolution volume renderer that reconstructed stacks of images into a 3D volume for visualisation. This was developed for macOS and Windows using OpenGL and GLSL shaders.
- Scientific Image Acquisition
- As part of a team, I worked on a high speed image acquisition system that was used by scientists to capture images of biological samples. The system was developed in C++ for macOS and Windows. It used multiple threads to control the physical hardware, an automated microscope and camera, to capture large numbers of images at high speed and record them to disk.
Feel free to get in touch directly by email, or use the form below.